PHP development and the platform is essentially a scripting language that generates dynamic web pages and in turn bring user interactivity. Furthermore, the language could also be written in HTML before. However, today PHP along with MY SQL is becoming utilized to construct a few of the extremely powerful databases online. PHP developers have abilities and understanding which is essential to develop efficient solutions for the PHP development. Before you look for a PHP developer you have to first determine a few of the pros and cons of the framework.
PROS OF PHP DEVELOPMENT:
- It is an easy and fast server side scripting language.
- Works well with file systems, databases, images and many more.
- Has extensive database support.
- Contains regular expression support.
- There are several third party APIs available.
- Syntax is familiar to myriad programmers who know other C-based language.
- There is plenty of free support available.
- Widely available with Apache web server, which means cheap hosting.
- Since it is interpreted, the build cycle is very short.
- There is a considerably big body of built-in functions.
CONS OF PHP DEVELOPMENT:
- The global configuration parameters could change language semantics, thus complicating portability and deployment.
- Has a lot of special purpose forms but not enough general purpose forms.
- It lacks named parameters which need to be simulated with other techniques or associative arrays.
- Register Globals is a main issue with PHP and newer versions do not allow this by default.
- The platform is constantly changing, thus there is a tendency to meet new problems.
- Has an unpredictable and ugly system.
- Inconsistent function names in a standard library.
With the complex nature of PHP development, it is necessary to hire effective PHP developers or to go with the PHP development company. Moreover, the service provider should be experienced and skilled. When you hire PHP developers, you will definitely minimize development cost because the platform also incorporates with several open source apps such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and many more. As an open source technology, PHP allows users to utilize all platforms. These platforms may include Solaris, Apache, Linux, Windows and many other platforms to be able to take advantage of investments made.
However, the large numbers of PHP Development Company uses all these CMS but we have to say one thing that real power of PHP lays on Core PHP. Because with the help of core PHP developers get really additional power to developer almost any kind of PHP based web application.
And, when you hire any PHP developer, you should make it a point to determine if he or she knows how XML is effectively supported with 5th version. Nonetheless, it is also very important to note that to be able to use PHP in an effective way, you need the PHP tools. The tools are divided into different categories which depend upon their functions. For instance, Webgrind is a debugging tool while on the other hand, the PHP/SWF Charts is a great tool for graphs and image manipulation.
For more Pros/Cons of PHP, you can visit: